I am a big fan of trivia. I love learning those little odd facts that are pretty much useless for anything but repeating to my kids so they can roll their eyes. I am also a big fan of those really interesting, odd, yet totally true stories. Yes, I am a little nerdy I guess.
Like most of you, I receive the glassBYTEs.com™ e-newsletter in my inbox every day. I am always drawn to the “strange but true” stories. Throughout 2016 there were quite a few of those types of stories relating to broken windshields. Here are just a few:
- Shovel Impales Windshield of Driving Car
- Kyle Schwarber Smashes Windshield with Batting Practice Home Run
- Plane Crash-Lands in San Fernando Valley Street, Smashing Car Roofs and Windshields
- Texas Gator Climbs Out of Car Trunk, Cracks Windshield
- Car Windshield Smashed by Falling Microwave in Dundee
- Phillies 3B Maikel Franco Broke a Teammate’s Windshield with Home Run
- Goose Smashes Through Windshield, Bites Driver on Highway
- Van Driver’s Lucky Escape as a Plane Crashes through the Windshield
- Incredible Scene After Plane Propeller Sliced Through Van Driver’s Windshield on Airport Tarmac
- Kid on Skateboard Smashes Windshield of a Super-Expensive Sports Car
- Baseball Player Destroyed His Own Windshield With a Grand Slam
- UCSD Student Wakes Up on Cracked Windshield after Fall from Balcony
- How Did It Survive That? Incredible Moment Huge Elk Slams Into Driver’s Windscreen
- Camel Shatters Windshield of Teen’s Car in a Scary Nighttime Accident
- YouTube ‘Star’ Stops NYC Traffic for Photoshoot, Gets Windshield Smashed
- Loose Sewer Cover Flies into Uber Driver’s Windshield
- Turkey Crashes Through Windshield on Massachusetts Highway
- Youths Dive into Windshields in Body Slamming Craze
- Man Breaks Windshield With Extremely Loud Bass Sound
- Driver OK After Oar Flies Through Windshield
To me these are the odd but strangely interesting stories I like to read, but to you in the auto glass replacement business, these are the stories of your customers. These are the stories that keep you in business. As long as these “strange but true” occurrences keep happening, windshields will need to be replaced. And I didn’t even begin to share the numerous stories of windshields that need to be replaced due to vandalism, falling objects, accidents, weather related issues, etc.
As we begin the New Year, AGSC thanks you for your commitment to safety and replacing windshields correctly, according to the ANSI/AGSC/AGRSS™ 003-2015 Standard. Your customers count on you to do the job right. They might not know all that is riding on a correctly installed windshield but you do. Their lives matter to you.
We wish you a very happy and successful 2017. Keep up the great work!