“Another year over, and a new one just begun” as John Lennon sang. “But it is only the middle of December,” you say. Yes, it is but before you know it, it will be January 1, 2016.
Do you make New Year’s resolutions? If so, what are they? Have you even begun to think about them? Will they be the same as last year’s because last year’s resolutions were never accomplished? I have a couple of those.
What if you made it one of your New Year’s resolutions to promote your company’s commitment to safety and your Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) Registered Member Company (RMC) membership? “How would I go about that?” I am glad you asked!
About a year ago, AGSC published “50(+2) Ways to Help Market Your AGSC-Registered Company.” It was sent to our RMCs with their renewal approval packets and to new members with their registration approval packets. If you did not receive one, please email me and I will email it to you. On the list were ideas for marketing your AGSC membership as well as ideas for marketing your company’s commitment to safety.
Here are just a few of the items that were on the list:
- Send out local safety reminders/press releases around the seasons – Cold Weather Tips, Spring Car Safety, Summer Heat Advisory, etc. Check out the Member Resources section of the AGSC website for available press releases.
- Become involved with other local safety groups related to both homes and autos and do presentations that include information about vehicle safety, AGSC and your membership.
- Host a local safety day. Invite media, politicians, press, VIPs, insurance agents, etc. Show them what happens when an improperly installed windshield is in an accident. AGSC can guide you through this.
- Create a quarterly email newsletter focused on safety and send it to your customers. Include the AGSC RMC logo and information regarding your AGSC membership. If you do not have a copy of the logo, contact me (email@example.com).
- Sponsor kids’ sports teams and do small receptions for kids and parents. Explain your commitment to safety and what it means to be an AGSC RMC.
- Do a glass safety presentation for local public safety/EMS teams. First responders can be very helpful ambassadors for your company as people often ask for their recommendations. AGSC can help you with this, too.
- Consider becoming a certified infant/child car seat inspector and adding that to your company’s skills/services list. Provide safety information about glass and car seats at baby shows. Include notices in toy stores and other children’s stores.
- Print the AGSC RMC logo on all your employee business cards, invoices, stationery, etc.
- Display the AGSC RMC logo on every page of your website and your social media sites and link it to the AGSC website. Post links to other vehicle safety websites and articles as well.
- Print the AGSC RMC logo on your signage and on your vehicles.
- Answer your phones saying “Thank you for calling ABC Glass, a proud member of the Auto Glass Safety Council. Your safety is our priority. How may I help you?”
- Include your company’s commitment to safety and that you are a proud member of the AGSC in your “on hold” and answering messages.
- Sew the AGSC RMC patches on all of your employee uniforms/shirts.
- Add the AGSC RMC logo to your email signatures.
- Invite a local consumer reporter to come watch your validation audit. (Yes, it will be that time of year soon.)
- Link to safewindshields.org and the other related pages of the AGSC website from your website.
- Mention your AGSC registration in all online services to which you belong – Yelp, Angie’s List, etc.
- Use the marketing materials that AGSC has available on our website.
These are just a few of the ways you can market your company’s commitment to safety and your AGSC membership. If you have questions or would like AGSC to assist you with your marketing, please let us know.
We wish you a Happy New Year and much success in your marketing efforts this coming year!