AGSC is Here for You
These are among the most trying times AGSC members have ever experienced in business and we hope you, your family and your employees are healthy and well.
The combination of wide-spread stay-at-home orders and great reductions in the numbers of miles driven as a result of the COVID-19 crisis have led to significant reductions in work. The uncertainty about when this crisis will end only adds to the challenge of managing through it.
We are in this together. AGSC is going to do everything it can to help us all get through this and emerge on the other side. Toward that end, AGSC has instituted a number of new policies:
- A six-month waiver of dues for all renewals through June 30, 2020. When your dues come up for payment, you may continue as a member and defer payment by six months. Please let us know if you choose this option.
- A suspension of audits until the crisis lifts.
- Ability to train and take certification testing at no charge during this crisis if you are a new hire or when your certification renews.
- Education about the government programs available to you.
This education is ready and available to you now. Association counsel Kim Mann has made arrangements for two webinars his law firm, Scopelitis, Garvin, Light, Hanson & Fear, P.C., produced to be available to AGSC members. Here are the links:
- Materials from the webinar “COVID & the Transportation Industry” (recorded March 20)
- Materials from the webinar “COVID & the Transportation Industry: More Questions Answered” (recorded April 4)
In addition, AGSC has prepared a webinar exclusively for members with brief overviews of the three major financial aid programs available that includes practical tips for filling out forms and submitting them. The Payroll Protection Program (PPP) is expected to begin accepting new applications again very soon. Viewing this webinar will help you be ready when this funding opens up as well as give you an overview of other programs available.
This webinar is available on-demand at: https://event.webinarjam.com/go/replay/2/2zwxkulioa6sk.
The COVID poster mentioned in the webinar that every company must now display can be downloaded at: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/posters/FFCRA_Poster_WH1422_Non-Federal.pdf.
All of these resources are free to you as an AGSC member. We hope that you are able to use them and benefit from them.
Our board members and staff are also here for you. If there is anything we can do to help you through this, please tell us and please let us know how you are doing.